Thousands of students come to Canada each year for their studies. Foreign students bring a rich culture to Canadian classrooms. Their knowledge and skills are more than welcome to Canada.

Why Study in Canada

Canadians place a premium on education and demand first-rate schools. Canada spends more per capita on its education system than any other country in the G-7 and is among the top three countries in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). A degree from a Canadian university is recognized world-wide and as a result, international students who graduate from Canadian universities enjoy successful and prosperous careers.

Read More

Who Needs a Study Permit

Most foreign students require a study permit to study in Canada. However, in some cases, there are some exceptions: 

» If you wish to study in a short-term course or program:
You do not need a Study Permit if you are planning to take a course or program in Canada with a duration of six months or less. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.

Read More

Getting a Visa

Depending on your country of origin and the type and length of study, you may require:

  • a visa
  • a student authorization
  • both a student authorization and visa
  • or, none of the above

The type of documentation required depends on your country of origin, the program you are taking, and the length of your study:

  • Short-term programs of six months or less do not require a study permit.
  • All other programs require a student authorization.
Read More

Canadian Education System

The Canadian education system is made up of publicly-funded and private schools. Under the Canadian constitution, education is a provincial responsibility. Thus, there are significant differences between the education systems of the different provinces. However, standards across the country are uniformly high.

The following sections provide an overview of the Canadian education system.

Read More

Settling in Canada

International Students Office

Most institutions have an international students office where international students can turn to for information, help and support in settling into their new environment. The types of international services available vary from institution to institution. Before you apply, please remember to check with the institution to make sure you understand the services available for international students.

Read More

Immigration for Students

Studying in Canada brings the student 5 more points in case the latter decides to apply for permanent residence after completing his studies. Please note that the applicant needs to have completed at least two years of post-secondary education in Canada since the age of 17.

Click here to find out more

Read More

Immigration Services

  • Immigration Refusals & Appeals
  • Apply for Permanent Residence
  • Business Immigration to Canada
  • Study, Visit & Work in Canada
  • Spouse/Family Sponsorships