Background & Education
Massood Joomratty was born in Mauritius and educated in England. He received his law degree (LLB Hons.) in England in 1994 and received his Masters in Law (LLM) in 1996. Massood was called to the Bar of England in 1995 at The Honourable Society of Gray's Inn and to the Bar of British Columbia, Canada in 1998. He is also fluent in French.
Massood is the Principal at M. Joomratty Law Corporation, Barristers & Solicitors - a Canadian law firm based in British Columbia.
Area(s) of Practice
His practice consists of Immigration Law. He specializes in:
- Immigration Appeals
- Skilled Worker category
- Business Investor and Entrepreneur Immigration
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
Massood is a member of several professional and volunteer organizations. They include:
- The Law Society of BC
- The Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- The Commonwealth Lawyers Association (CLA)
- Association des Juristes d'Expression Francaise (AJEF) [Association of French Speaking Lawyers & Judges]
- Economic Development Association of British Columbia
- Chambre de Commerce Franco-Colombienne (CCFC)
International Bar Association
Honourable Society of Gray's Inn
"IMMIGRATION ISSUES IN INTERNATIONAL ADOPTIONS": Presented at the Canadian Bar Association Immigration Law Conference, February 2006
"SELF-EMPLOYED IMMIGRATION": Presented at the Annual Continuing Legal Education Business Immigration Conference, September 2006
"ECONOMIC CLASS IMMIGRATION": Presented to a Seminar organized for members of CAPIC (Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants), March 2007
"PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAMS": Presented to immigration lawyers at the Annual Continuing Legal Education Business Immigration Conference, September 2008
- INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT ATTRACTION TO THE NORTHERN REGIONS": Presented as a panel member of Canadian and International experts at the Northern Lights Conference in Montreal on attracting international investment to support business and workforce capacity development and participate in the investment opportunities in resource, infrastructure and tourism development in the emerging economies of Labrador, Nunatsiavut, Nunavik and Nunavut - January 2010.
Massood was on the Board of Directors of the Family Services of Greater Vancouver , a non-profit organization until 2007.
He is a Director of the Bosco Society, a charity dedicated to helping needy children.
He was VP US-Canada Liaison of South Asian Bar Association of BC (SABA-BC) until 2007.
He is the resident expert on Immigration law for the popular Canadian Immigrant Magazine, a monthly publication for immigrants where he also runs a free Q&A service.
He has conducted free clinics at the (former) Delta Immigrant Services and continues to educate the public via the internet at ImmigrationBroadcast.com
He provides free legal services to religious and community organizations and low income individuals.
He is a Life Member of the Autism Society of British Columbia
He sponsors the Muscular Dystrophy Association of Mauritius.
He is on OMNI TV, a monthly show on Sundays giving free presentations on immigration topics. You can watch the videos at www.immigrationbroadcast.com/videos
Suite 203 - 7134 King George Boulevard